Well, it's official! I got a job as a nanny and I will be moving across the country in a little over a week. My plane fly's out at 10:11 AM on Tuesday, June 28. I will be living in Northern Virginia (about 30 minutes north of Washington DC) in Great Falls.
I get to watch an adorable set of twin 4 month old boys. I know it will be tough, but it will also be such a great experience and I am so excited to go!
I had a little bit of a breakdown the night that I found out I was leaving. It really will be so tough to leave my friends and family for a year and fly clear across the country (by myself, which I've never done) where I don't know a single person. That combined with the fact that I was leaving so soon was extremely overwhelming and I had a little meltdown. After watching a tear-jerker chick flick to get all my tears out and a lot of prayer, I feel so much more confident in leaving. I know it will still be tough and I am not looking forward to saying goodbye to everyone, but I know that this will be a great experience for me and that it is where I am supposed to be. I am so excited to go and meet this family and start a new chapter in my life. I'll keep you posted on how everything goes!
As for my week before I leave. I think it's going to be pretty crazy! It's already filled with hanging out and last minute goodbye's, and I've still got to find some time to squeeze in packing and getting ready to leave. It will be good to spend some time with all my friends and family though, and I have some fun things planned, so it should be good!


No comments:
Post a Comment