Well, I've been in Virginia for almost two weeks now. It feels like so much longer! I can hardly believe that it's only been 13 days since I left Utah. I am LOVING it out here though! The area is absolutely gorgeous and the people that I've been able to talk with have been so nice and welcoming.
I don't think I'll post too many details or pictures about the babies or the family while I'm out here just to respect their privacy, but I will say that they boys are absolutely adorable! They are way too cute, but also a lot of work. I am totally exhausted by the end of the day!
My days are pretty scheduled out. I wake up at 7:15, get ready, and meet the parents upstairs in the nursery at 7:30am. I then watch boys until their mom gets home between 5 and 5:30 pm (So it averages out to around 10 hours a day). She takes over from there so I have to nights to do whatever! I'll usually go to my room as soon as she gets home to wind down and relax. This usually entails reading or watching an episode or two of Friends (which is my current TV show obsession! I love it!) I usually end up taking a shower around 6:30 to get the smell of baby spit up off of me. I don't think that I will ever get use to the smell of baby spit up, and with twins, I get spit up on A LOT! I usually eat dinner with the parents around 7:30 or 8pm while watching America's Got Talent. I had never seen that show before, but they love it! It's growing on me too. I'm starting to like it a lot!
That's my basic day to day routine, but I have been able to do some other fun things. I spent the 4th of July in Arlington, Virginia which is right across the Potomac River from Washington DC. I guess they have some good family friends who have a GREAT rooftop view. It was AMAZING! I will apparently never have another 4th of July like that, even if I am in Virginia again next year. Apparently the view can't be matched! It was so great and I am so glad they were able to take me with them.
Overall it was been a great two weeks. I haven't been too homesick which is a little surprising to me. I struggled so much when I went to school, and I was only 3 hours north in Rexburg. Now I'm something like 30 hours away. In some strange way, I think that helps. I know that I can't go home for a quick weekend visit so I don't constantly think about it. My family is coming out to visit me in October though and I am so excited to see them again! I do miss them a lot.
Well that's about it so far! I'll keep you updated though!:)

3 comments:
So if I give you my password, I think you need to do my blog up super cute like yours. I cant figure out how for the life of me! K? :)
Haha, you're so sweet. I can definitely do that! Or we can set up another skype date and I can just help you do it:)
Either way :) I'll message you my password and stuff on facebook and you can just do it. Then we will skype and you can explain it to me. Deal? :)
Post a Comment