Photobucket

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Society Improv group with Shantel!

Man I had a great Friday night! It was just what I needed.
Well, everyone who reads this probably already knows that I absolutely adore Kirby Heyborne and anything he's in! I've met him several times and I get just as excited everytime I know I am that I am going to see him as I did the first time.
But anyway, I'll start from the beginning of my night!
Shantel and I left for Pocatello at 5:30 so that we would have plenty of time to get there, get our tickets, and get good seats! I got absolutely nothing done yesterday because I was just so excited to go!
We had to go to the mall in Chubbuck to get our tickets (atleast that's what we thought), but when we got there we found out that they had already come and picked up all the tickets so we had to go get them at willcall at ISU. Since the show didn't start until 9:00, we had a lot of time to kill so we had dinner in the foodcourt. Then in was time to head to ISU!
I had no idea how confusing how Pocatello was! It is full of one way streets and the ISU campus is huge! Luckily we found some really nice people that told us how to get to Frazier Hall. And then we were there! We still had an hour to kill, so we took a bunch of goofy pictures in my car until they let us in to get seats :)




Then it was finally time to go in! And Shantel and I had awesome seats. We were on the aisle of the second row.
The opening act was about 10 minutes long and pretty funny! This guy did a magic trick and I honestly have no idea how he did it. I'm pretty clueless about that sort of thing though!
Then the show started! Kirby came out and started talking to the audience and filled us in on what we were suppose to do for the improv it work. While he was talking he looked down and saw me and said "Meg! I'm so glad you came! We'll talk after the show." It made me SO excited that he remembered me by name right away. Then the show started for real and I have never laughed so hard! They were hysterical! I even had a 30 minute musical called "forever flannel" dedicated to my by Kirby:) I have it recorded and it is so funny!
The end of the show came way too soon! I could have stayed and watched them forever! As Kirby was leaving the stage he said "Meg! I love you! Make sure you come talk to me before you head back to Rexburg." I can't believe he even remembered where I went to school!
Then came the real waiting. They did a meet and greet afterwards and of course Shantel and I stayed to chat with them! Possibly my favorite part of the night was right after the show ended. I was texting my mom about how much fun I had had and I looked up to see Kirby right in front of me! He gave me a big hug before he went up to the front of the line. It made it so worth the wait!

 The line was SO long though! We waited for a good hour before we got to talk to them. When we got to the front of the line we got to talk with the whole group for awhile. They are all so sweet! They were there for a long time but they didn't make us feel rushed. They signed some things for us and took some fun pictures:)


It was really the best night that I've had in a long time! I had so much fun hanging out with Shantel. She is such a great friend and I always have so much fun with her! I love how that we were able to go and have a great time with hilarious and totally clean humor! If you ever have a chance to go see "The Society Comedy Troupe" definitely go! SO much fun!!!:)

Also, here is a funny little video that Kirby and Lincoln put together. It's pretty great!:)

1 comment:

Jessica Kasteler said...

Love your blog! & Kirby Heybourne.. What a freakin' stud.

xo. :)

Post a Comment