I'm pretty sure I had the best Saturday ever. It was seriously so great!
It started out pretty early, with Katie and I deciding to go to the temple at 7:30 am. We figured we could get up at 6:30, leave at 7:00, and get there right on time. Perfect plan, right? Wrong. The GPS led us to a totally random location in downtown DC. I had put "Mormon Temple, Washington DC" into the GPS and we think it maybe got confused because it led us to the Buddhist Temple instead. Who knows! But an hour and a half later (after stopping and giving a homeless man some muffins and a water bottle), we made it to the temple. I have never gone through so quickly! I would guess we were in and out within 20 minutes. But I am so grateful that they let us in even though we were so late!) I love the Washington DC temple.
After a great start to the day!
Katie and I after baptisms (explaining the no makeup and slicked back ponytail!)
After baptisms we went to IHOP, which was super yummy. I could eat pancakes everyday and not get tired of them! Then I came home and napped, showered, and got ready for GAME TIME!
I've been looking forward to going to a Nationals game since I came out here, and I finally got to go! I went last month with the family I nanny for, but we weren't there long enough for it to count.
The Nats definitely didn't disappoint! I had the greatest time. And our seats were AWESOME! We were to just to the right side (first base line) of home plate and 14 rows back. So great! It was 104 (with a heat index of 118) degrees, so we were roasting a little bit, but I barely noticed. I was loving the game too much! And they won, so that made it even better:)
Ready to ride the Metro to the game!
Go Nationals!
Our excited faces:)
Me, Katie, and Abby
Me and Katie:) I love that she'll watch baseball with me! Such a great friend:)
Me and Bryce Harper;) Love him!
14 rows away from Bryce Harper:)
The team on the field after a great win!
I loved every moment of the game! From standing and cheering when a run was scored to booing Jason Giambi or the Umps on a bad call, it was all great!
Katie and I finished off the night by stopping for Frosty's at Wendy's and shopping for munch n' mingle. Then we came home and CRASHED after a long hot day!
I am so grateful for the time I've spent in Virginia and for the opportunities I've been given. Saturday was a day i'll never forget! I've even added Harper to the list of possible names for the puppy i'm getting when I get home (although my dad said he won't allow a non-Yankee baseball themed name;) We'll see!











No comments:
Post a Comment