My last weekend as a DC nanny. What a strange feeling! The thought brings on so many different emotions. Excitement and seeing my family and friends and starting a new chapter. Sadness on leaving my three favorite little boys and the best job I could imagine having. It's exhausting to go from excitement to a breakdown so frequently!
But anyway, since it was both mine and Katie's last Saturday in Virginia, we decided to go do somethings we've always wanted to but have put off.
We started off our day with one last trip to the DC Temple. It was so great! The people there are always so helpful and welcoming. I love that temple so much and will miss being able to go to it.
After the temple we went out to lunch at The Silver Diner. We had never eaten there, but heard it was really good! I maybe had my expectations up too high because I wasn't super impressed with the food, but it was still pretty good. My shake was awesome and they had cute little jukeboxes on every table. It was pretty fun!
After lunch, we headed over the the Reston Zoo! It's this cute little petting zoo 10 minutes from our house. I've wanted to go there for so long! They have little buckets of food or lamb bottles you can buy to feed them with. It was so great!
Bottle feeding a baby goat. He sucked it down so fast!
Katie and her Llama friend
HUGE pig!
Oh, just kissing a goat.
Katie has a love of llama's and it's rubbed off on me a little bit!
Creepy masks in the gift shop
We ended off our day by going out to dinner with Ryan and Melissa (our nanny parents). They are so great! They wanted to treat us for our last Saturday here. It was so much fun! We went to PF Changs. I had never been there before, but it was so good. We just sat and talked and had a relaxing evening. A perfect ending to a great day!
A very fitting fortune for my nanny experience and the changes to come!
So that was my Saturday. Tonight I am having dinner with my awesome visiting teachers and packing like a mad woman. I can't believe I leave on Tuesday! I am so excited to go to New York and then to get home and see my great friends and family. I am sad to leave Virginia, but I am so excited to start the next chapter in my life!


No comments:
Post a Comment