I am still alive! It seems like it's been forever since I've updated my blog. Things have been going really well though! I've made some really great new friends and have been able to do some really fun things! So here is the last month in review:)
The family I nanny for took on a second nanny! I was super apprehensive about the whole thing when they first told me about it. I was afraid that she would be awful and that it would make things super uncomfortable during the day. Luckily I was totally wrong and Katie is GREAT! She is seriously wonderful. She is so much fun to hang around with and she is a major help during the day. I love having her here! And we get to hang out with these cute boys all day. How could life NOT be great? They are so cute and and so much fun!!
Oliver's face cracks me up! He is so funny :)
Me and Oliver!
Katie and Owen
Oliver's face cracks me up! He is so funny :)
Me and Oliver!
Katie and Owen
Weekend Trip #1
So our first nanny adventure consisted of a super fun day of exploring DC. We started off getting manicures and pedicures at a little place in Dupont Circle. It was super fun up until one of the ladies chased after us down the street because one of the nannies hadn't left a tip! Super weird and uncomfortable.
Then we went and checked out a bunch of the monuments! I had already seen all of them from previous DC excursions, but it was still really fun. I don't think I'll ever get sick of looking at downtown DC. It's beautiful and fascinating!
Ready to ride the metro!
All of us in front of the Washington Monument
Utah Girls!
Virginia Nannies:)
The White House
In front of the Vietnam Memorial
All of us on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial!
Me, Tara, and Abe:)
Weekend Trip #2
On our second trip into the city, we took the metro in and then started out our day with a paddle boat ride on the Potomac. It was so cool! We went right up next to the Jefferson Memorial without dealing with the crowds. Perfect! Then we went to the Holocaust Museum. It was a heartbreaking experience. It was so fascinating and I'm glad I was able to check it out and learn more, but it was sickening to think what those people were put through. It just breaks my heart! Definitely an interesting experience.
Riding the metro!
Before our paddle boat adventure
Tara and I in front of the monument :)
Trying to get all of us in the picture:)
Waiting in line at the Holocaust Museum
Weekend Trip #3
Yesterday I was able to go to Chesapeake Beach with Sarah and Kayla. Sarah texted me Friday night and asked if I wanted to go and I said of course! It was such a beautiful and perfect day. We basically just laid on the beach all day and slept and talked. There was a cute little boardwalk and lots of little shops. It was so much fun!
Me and Kayla on the Beach!
Me, Kayla, and Sarah :)
Getting some sun!
Building sandcastles :)
So that is life! I'm excited to head home in a couple months, but I'm also really excited about how my summer is going to be! We've got lots of big plans (baseball games, NYC trips, more exploring in DC, etc), so I'm excited to see how it turns out!
























1 comment:
So fun megs! So glad you are having fun but we are excited for you to come back!
Post a Comment