We're a couple weeks into 2012, but I've seen a few friends do this on their blog and it seemed like a fun idea! Here are my top 11 moments from the year 2011 (in chronological order!)
1. I went to my first Bon Jovi concert! I went with my mom and had the best time. It definitely won't be my last! I don't have many concert experiences to base it off of, but I can't imagine it being any better!
2. I finished my first year at BYUI! I am so glad that I was able to go to school in Rexburg. I had such a great experience! And I know that most of that is due to the awesome roommates I ended up with. I couldn't have asked for better! I've ended up with some lifelong friends:)
3. I had various Kirby Heyborne encounters throughout the year. You all know how much I love him! I was able to go see him with my mom, Shantelly, and Maurie. I've missed a few of his concerts since I've been in Virginia and it has definitely bummed me out! I'm glad I was able to go a few times before I came out here though :)
4. I went to Yellowstone for the first time! I can't believe I've lived with 4 hours away my whole life and I've never been before. It was freezing cold and snowing, but so much fun! We saw lots of cool animals and had a great time!
5. I moved to Virginia! This is possibly the biggest and most life changing decision I've ever made. And so impulsive and unlike me! Luckily it has worked out INCREDIBLY well and I have been really happy here! I couldn't have ended up with a better family. And I get to hang out with these cute little boys all day!
6. I was able to experience the 4th of July in Washington DC! I am really hoping that I'll be out here for another 4th of July because it is awesome! The DC fireworks are definitely better than the Riverdale City ones;)
7. I got to do baptisms for the dead at the Washington DC temple! It was an awesome experience. I love seeing the different temples. It was beautiful!
8. My family came out to visit me! I absolutely loved having them here. I wish they could have stayed forever! We got to see and do so many cool things that I'll never forget! I keep trying to talk my dad into coming out again, but I don't know how well it's working. If only it were closer and less expensive!
9. I went to North Carolina for Thanksgiving! My brother Casey went to North Carolina on his mission and I have always wanted to go. There are still tons of places I want to see in NC, but the beach was absolutely gorgeous! It was an awesome way to spend Thanksgiving!
10. I paid off my car! This is such a relief for me and a major accomplishment! I hated making that payment every month and it is so nice to have it paid for and behind me!
11. I got to go home for Christmas! I just blogged about that, but it really was a highlight of my year. It was a great week! I couldn't imagine it being any better.
Those are the highlights of 2011! It was a great and FAST year! I honestly can't believe how fast it went. But it was full of great memories! I can't wait to see what 2012 will bring!













No comments:
Post a Comment