Photobucket

Saturday, January 14, 2012

HOME!

I had the best time back home in Utah! Man, I have missed that place and all the people in it. It was pretty hard to come back to Virginia. It did make me really excited to go home for good though. Only a few more months!
I was able to spend a lot of time with my family and friends. I just wish I was able to stay longer than 10 days! It went by way too fast. Here are a few highlights of my week!

My first day home (Friday 12/23) was lots of fun! I spent most of the day with my little brother Jake. We went to IHOP that morning (It's kind of our thing) and had the best hot chocolate! It was seriously delicious. Then we went and finished up all our Christmas shopping and visited my Grandma Crossley. I finished off the night by going to El Matador and seeing "A Christmas Carol" at the Terrace Plaza Playhouse with my family! This is by far one of my favorite family traditions. We've been going every Christmas for as long as I can remember and I love it!
Christmas Eve I went to see Breaking Dawn with my mom (movie count for the week #1)! Such a good movie. I will admit that I am a Twilight Nerd and proud of it! After the movie we went down to Cedar Hills to  my Aunt Susie's house for our annual Sorensen Christmas Eve party. We had a really yummy dinner and just hung out and talked. It was great!
Christmas day was great! We slept in and then went to Church. After Church we came home and opened Santa presents. I got some great stuff! I got a Kindle, which I am absolutely loving. It's the coolest thing! I also got Proactiv (which i'm super excited to use) and a bunch of movies and things like that. After presents we just relaxed and looked at our stuff. Later in the afternoon we went to my Grandma Crossley's for lunch. After hanging out there for a few hours we went back home and opened up family presents. This is my favorite part of the day! I love seeing the presents my family comes up with to give each other. I ended off the night visiting my best friends Brittnie and Katie. Man I have missed those girls! It was so great to see them:)

Monday I spent the day with my mom:) We went to the mall for some movies and shopping! I spent my Christmas money and we saw New Years Eve (So good! Jon Bon Jovi is a stud. Movie count #2) and then Breaking Dawn again (Movie count #3)

Tuesday I spent the day with my JD girls! Shantel, Camrie, and Maurie are some of my best friends. I am so lucky that we were all able to work together at Johnny's Dairy. I have so many great memories with them! We had lunch at Olive Garden (my favorite place!) and then went back to Shantel's to play some games.

 The four of us at Olive Garden! :)

 My favorite picture of the four of us:)
My gang member Maurie:) She is going on a mission in a few weeks. She is going to be so great, but I am going to miss her SO much! 

Wednesday I went to the Spaghetti Factory with my mom, my cousin Christina and her kids, my cousin Laura and her kids, my Aunt Lu Ann, my Grandma Sorensen, my Aunt Susie, and my cousins Jane and Paige. It was so much fun to just sit and chat with the girls! I also got to hold Christina's little boy Boston and he is seriously so stinkin' cute. I wanted to take him home with me! Then my mom and I went over to my Grandma Sorensen's to learn how to knit! She made me the cute brown hat that I'm wearing in the pictures above and she taught us how to make them. They are really easy and a lot of fun to make!

Thursday I went to Chili's with Brittnie. That is our thing! We go especially for the Chocolate Lava Cake. SO GOOD! I love it. It was great to sit and catch up with her! 


Then I went to visit my friend Liz. She is so great! I have missed her and her family so much. It was great to catch up! That night I went to get my hair trimmed and then went to see Sherlock Holmes (movie count #4) with my friend Caitlin. She is my movie buddy. I love spending time with her. We are so similar! I swear we have all the same interests. It was a great day!
Friday I spent the day with my family:) We went to see Sherlock Holmes again (movie count #5) and then went to ABC Mandarin (another favorite!) And then back to the movie theater with my mom for Breaking Dawn AGAIN (movie count #6)! Three times for Breaking Dawn is definitely enough for me for a little bit, but I'll be ready to see it again in a few weeks when it comes out on DVD.

Saturday was New Years Eve. My mom and I went to get pedicures, which I LOVE! I would get one every day if I could. Then we went and got another knitting lesson before heading home for the night. I have never wanted to go out on New Years Eve. I've been invited to go places with friends, but I would much rather spend the night at home playing games and eating junk with my family. It's so much fun!

Sunday was my last full day home :( I went to church and then spent the rest of the day packing and hanging out at home. Pretty uneventful, but it was great to have a day spent with just my family! 

Monday I slept in, had breakfast, got ready, and went to the airport. Flying out at 1:30pm is the perfect time! I got to sleep in and get ready at a leisurely pace. Perfect! My mom and dad both had work off that day so they both got to come with me! It was a lot harder to say goodbye than I thought it would be. I wasn't ready to leave again!

All in all it was a GREAT vacation! I got to do all the things I wanted to do. I can't wait to go home again!

No comments:

Post a Comment