Photobucket

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Things I've Learned....

I've been in Virginia for almost three weeks now and I feel like I have learned many things. I've realized that I am pretty good at things I never knew I could do, and I've also learned that there are lots of things I still need to work on!
I've learned that I CAN....
  • feed two babies at the same time! I hold one baby in my right arm and feed him with my right hand and the other baby sits in his chair and on my left side and I feed him with my left hand. It's actually a lot easier than I thought it would be! I caught on faster than I thought I would.
  • swaddle a baby in under 10 seconds (yes, I timed myself!). I'm actually not sure if that is that fast or not, but it is at least fast enough that I can swaddle and rock him before he screams loud enough to wake up his sleeping brother in the next crib! And that's really all that matters at the moment.
  • go to bed by 10 every night to wake up at 7:15 every morning. I learned very quickly that in order to finish off the day with my sanity, I need to get as much sleep as I can every night. I'm usually in bed by 9:30 and sound asleep by 10. Lame? Yes, but I do what I have to!
I've learned that I CAN'T....(Well maybe I can. I'm just not so good at it yet!)
  • rock a baby standing up while rocking the other in his chair with my foot. I don't quite have the coordination yet! I always end up rocking the one in the chair too fast with my foot or I completely stop rocking the one in my arms. Someday I'll get the coordination down!
  • drive a stick shift car. Okay, I haven't really tried yet. I'm actually going out driving today (so wish me luck!). I am however, absolutely terrified! I miss my little neon so much! I was so comfortable driving in it and I think I would adapt to the roads and the traffic out here so much easier if I was in my own car. I'm desperate enough that I'm considering driving back here after I go home for Christmas. I know that I won't actually do it (that long on the freeway by myself in the middle of winter is SUCH a bad idea!) but the idea is tempting! Maybe I'll catch on quickly. At least I can hope!
  • There are so many other things that I'm still working on, but I can't think of any others right now. 
Some other things I've learned since I've been away from home:

  • I brought way too many of my favorite cute clothes and not enough lounge around clothes. I had this idea in my mind that I would wake up and get ready in all these cute outfits everyday. However, I was told when I first got here that with all the spit up that goes on, cute clothes are not the way to go!
  • On the subject of spit up, I have learned that I will probably never get the smell out of my clothes. I swear even after I wash my clothes i can still smell formula on them! Maybe the smell is just stuck in my nose. Who knows! 

No comments:

Post a Comment